Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Saving Money 101: Coupons where to find them...

Several people have asked how I find such good deals...  Heres a quick overview about where to find coupons to help you get started on your New Years Resolution to save more money. 

First I buy the Sunday paper and I buy multiple copies 2-3 papers works for me.  I heard it recommended you buy 1 for each member of your family who eats. Some weeks I think 3 is too many and then I hit a good bargain and am glad I have 3 times the coupons for it.  so its up to you but at least buy 2 copies.  ALSO not all Sunday papers are created equal.  I find the Hartford Current has more coupons then the Sunday Republican.  Although sometimes the coupons in the republican have a higher $$$ amount on them.  Example: a coupon for colgate in the Hartford current was for $.75 off in the republican it was $1 off.  I usually buy 2 hartford papers and 1 local.  ***Always look through the paper before buying to make sure your coupons are in them!

Second: I subscribe to www.sundaycouponpreview.com each week it tells me what coupons to expect in the paper and whether there is actually a coupon  insert.  I don’t want to waste my money if there isn’t any coupons that week.

I also print them off the computer.  Heres a few places to find coupons to print at home.  Also most companies have them on their websites and you can find extras on the big box store websites.

Check when you are shopping and pick up and coupons hanging on shelves.  EVEN IF YOU AREN'T BUYING THAT ITEM!!!  sometimes they are good for months and you might want it later.  Ask at the pharmacy.  They often have coupons or coupon books behind the counter.

LOOK EVERYWHERE.  I find great ones at the pediatrician for kids items.  and I take a whole bunch.  dont feel bad they usually have tons and most get thrown away.  I like to get these and share with friends.

Just keep your eyes open you never know where you'll find them.  sometimes its in very strange places youd never expect.



1 comment:

Dose Pharmacy said...


Wow, what an amazing giveaway!! Thanks so much.to get Online pharmacy from Dose Pharmacy