Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

I love CVS...

I think I have told you before how much I love CVS... I was reminded again this past week why.

I have had issues with other stores cashiers being uneducated about their own rewards program, AND also how coupons work.  Just because I am not paying for it doesnt mean the store loses money... duh, you get paid by the manufacturer.

Anyway.  After some great sales at Rite aid the last few weeks I guess the cashiers/managers had seen too much of me and started giving me some trouble.  They are now investigating EVERY coupon, gave me a hard time about B1G1 sales (I had to call customer support for back up), and basically did everything except accuse me of stealing.  They have now decided that I can only use one total purchase coupon per DAY.  Ironically its their company that pays redplum to put these out and allow us to print 2 per computer...  even in their company policy it allows for multiples but it does give the store the right to "limit" daily use.

SO I almost gave up.  Figured they decided they didnt want my business.  Instead I found another rite aid nearby and figure I will start fresh and see if I can educate them on coupon use.  I already taught them about the B1G1 free sales and they were much nicer about it.  They were glad I had my store policy with me and thanked me....SO wish me luck that hopefully this new store wants my coupons/money.

Anyway after all the issues that day I had to stop in to CVS for a quick trip and to remind myself everything I do is OK.  Not only did I feel better but I got a few rainchecks AND they gave me the ads for the next 2 weeks ahead of time!!!

I did complain a bit about rite aid to them and the guy working said "I dont understand they get paid either way.  If its a coupon it just comes from the manufacturer instead of you."

Just a reminder that apparently CVS employees do understand what a coupon is and other stores just think its paper...

Happy shopping.  :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I had some problems with my RA store this week too. But I agree they do make you feel like you are doing something wrong.

Melissa said...

update, things are going well at my new rite aid store. went in today and did 4 transactions without a hitch. well, the visine coupon did not work and then when reading it the item i had didnt qualify for it. so my fault. I did have to go to the "old store" for 1 transaction since the new one didnt carry the almay coverup i wanted. Oh well, they got 1 transaction ($20 in sales) just like they wanted and the other store got $80... what did they think i was going to do? I will post my success later.