Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

use P&G coupons = clean water

Some times people tell me that I shouldnt use coupons or try to get things free because its a hard economy and corporations need the money too.  I always say they want us to use their coupons.

Heres proof.  For each coupon redeemed from the 3/7 insert P&G will donate 1 day of clean water to a child in need.  How awesome is that.  I really want to do my part and spend my coupons.

http://www.pgeverydaysolutions.com/pgeds/givepurwater/index.jsp?edstempseg=YF&utm_source=YF&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=March10Newsletter

I also saw a post recently about the % of coupons printed vs.  redeemed.  I cant find where I read it now (if I do I will post here).  but it said the national statistics showed that in 2009 there was an increase in coupon usage but that ONLY .7% of coupons printed were redeemed!!!  not even 1%.  plus halfway through the year when companies saw an increase in usage they actually stepped up how many they printed and printed more then ever.

SO if you're afraid of companies going belly up over coupon usage dont be...  our savings are not even denting their advertising budget.

No comments: