Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Donate toys for pennies!!!

Most of my posts lately seem to be about saving money... I keep finding great deals. I will post some homemade how to's soon. but heres the latest steal of the week.

In the newest email from toys r us there is an awesome holiday deal on hasbro toys good until the 14th

When you spend $25 you get a $10 gift card. Some of the Hasbro games are on sale for $3.99 AND give a $2 rebate back. Its hard to tell from their website which games this includes but the photo has some favorites like candy land, chutes and ladders, Hi ho cheerio, memory, don’t break the ice, and ants in my pants. 

When you buy 7 it comes out to $0.56 a game after the rebates and gift card whiah you can use toward something later.  Think of it like a refund. you can only get the rebate once per game and request only one check per household. So all games have to be different to maximize your savings. There are some games with a higher rebate but they aren’t shown in the sale ad so check in the store for their price to see if they work out the same.

Heres the rebate form. But I believe you can pick it up in stores too.

There are also some coupons for other Hasbro games linked on their website. http://print.coupons.com/Couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=15014&zid=ru81&nid=20

I own most of these games already but it would make great gifts for friends with small children, or to stock up for future birthday presents.

I usually buy a few things to donate to toys for tots and this deal looks great for this. Imagine you could donate 7 games for under $4. you can only get the rebates once otherwise I’d be buying it several times to donate tons this year.

In this economy I imagine less people donating and MORE children needing gifts. Could be a hard year. I am going to see if I can get lots of people to run in for this and donate tons of gifts.

Hope this helps with your holiday shopping.

Melissa

still dont get it see comments where I show a break down (the math...)  Also I found a coupon and it makes it free.  see comments for that info.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I just remembered i have a $5 off $25 coupon for toys r us. If you get the home mailer from them or babies r us it will actually end up being free gifts to give away. I am not sure if toys r us figures before coupons or after for the $10 gift card. This deal may actually be free.

Buy 7 games at 3.99= $27.93
-$5 coupon = 22.93
-10 gift card back = $12.93
- $14 rebate ($2 x 7 games) = + $1.07 a profit

For me theres still a bit OOP because of tax but what a great deal.

If they wont give the gift card because the coupon knocks it below $25 buy another game (or if you just don’t want to get hassled finding out)

8 games at 3.99 = 31.32
-5 coupon = 26.92
-10 gift card = 16.92
-16 rebate = $ .92 cents

8 happy children at Christmas priceless…. :)

~Melissa