Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Sunday Dinner- Easy MICROWAVE lasagna

I missed sending this out yesterday.  It was mostly written but I got busy and just couldnt get back to it.  Sorry its coming out late. 

Heres a favorite of mine from when I was a Tupperware consultant. and yes you read in right MICROWAVE lasgna.  I never knew how easy lasagna was until I started making it in the microwave.  I hope it becomes a favorite of yours too.

Ingredients:
1 box of NO BAKE lasagna noodles.  (these exist I promise.  I buy Barilla but theres probably others out there)
1 small container of cottage cheese (I use low fat)
1 bag of shredded cheese
and any chopped veges you want in it, onions, pepers, broccoli, spinach ect... (i like to use left overs)
1 lbs of ground meat: beef, turkey, chicken  (I have been  using turkey and chicken a lot lately)
1 jar of favorite pasta sauce
1 microwave container I use a med deep Rock n serve from Tupperware.  if you need one let me know and I can help you find a rep. or I may have extras left in my basement form when I sold it.

Directions: 
1. First brown the ground beef and drain excess fat
2. In your microwave dish add enough sauce to just cover the bottom then layer noodles over it. You may have to cut/trim noodles to fit depending on the size of your container. 
3. Now add a spoon ful of cottage cheese and a handfull of shredded cheese then add another layer of noodles.
4. Next cover noodles with a small spoonful of sauce and then some of the ground beef and some veges.  and cover with noodles.
5. Continue with layering cheese noddles sauce and beef/veges until your container is full. The amount of each will vary depending on your container.
6. I always finish the top with a layer of noodles lightly covered with sauce and sprinkled with cheese.  My husband likes the top a bit crunchy

Cook on high in the microwave for 20-30 mintues (depends on microwave wattage)  you may want to cover the top for most of that time to prevent sauce from spattering.

***If you have used a microwave AND oven safe container you may put it in the oven at 350 for the last 5 minutes to brown the top.  I have an old tupperware called overworks that does this.  I wish they still made it as I coo in it ALL the time.


Serve with a light salad and you've got a great healthy meal.  Let me know how it comes out for you. 

Melissa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After all these years, I have yet to try this.