Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

What can you get for $5 at CVS???

What can you get for $5 at CVS?
CVS had some good sales this week and I started stocking up for our big Memorial Weekend Party already.  Between their sales, coupons and some rebates I spent under $5….


Heres a list of EVERYTHING I got.  Sorry i dont have photos I redid my stockpile and was excited and put it all away.  The break down per transaction is at the bottom...

4 bottles of Pepsi & Diet
4 Bottles of Mountain dew & Diet
4 bags of Stacys pita chips (Yummy)
2 bags of True North Pistaccio chips
2 bags of tostitos
2 jars of Tostitos salsa
1 GE energy Smart Light Bulb (raincheck)
Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet cleaner twin pack
A 3 pack of scotch brite kitchen sponges (not on sale but we needed it)
1 Therma care neck/arm Wrap (raincheck)
CVS Electrolyte twin pack
Infant tylonol (not on sale but Xander was sick)
1 Crave nx Spray
2 Olay Regenerist Facial Cleansers
2 dove chocolate bars

All that for $4.64 and it could have been even less but I misplaced a $5 off $20 coupon and another $2 coupon didnt come off the reciept.


Want to see the breakdown on how I did this?  

Transaction #1
3x Stacys pita chips $3
2x Tostitos chips 3.5
2x Tostitos salsa 2.99
Ge energy smart bulbs 2.99 (raincheck)
Thermacare wrap 2.49 (raincheck)
Sub Total: 27.46

Subtract coupons
5 off total of $20 or more
$3 off stacys chips (3 coupons worth $1 each)
$2 off Tostitos (2 coupons worth $1 each)
1 off lightbulb
1 off thermacare
New total: $15.46
Used $15 in ECB’s
OOP: $.49 received $10 ECB for chips, $2 and $3 for light bulbs and thermacare (should have been 2 and 2.49 but I think the cashier got confused.)

Transaction #2
Crave nx $7.99
Total: $8.11
Used $6 ECBs
OOP $2.11 Received $8ECB =FREE (only cost is 11 cents tax)

Transaction #3
2x Olay Daily regenerist Facial cleanser on sale 6.99  (I will send for a $15 rebate wyb 2)
CVS electrolyte twin pack $7.98
Sub Total: 21.96

Subtract coupons
$6 off olay (2 coupons worth $3 each)
New total: $15.96
Used $10 ECB (from chips above)
OOP $6.15 (tax adds in at the very end)  received $3 ECB for buying electrolytes
(I had a $5 off 20 but couldn’t find it or this order would have been 1.15.  I later found it and gave it to another mom shopping.)

The only photo I have is from the second trip to the store.

Transaction #4
4 bottles of pepsi $5
4 bottles of Mountain dew $5
+ .40 for deposits
Stacys chips 3
2 bags of True north Pistaccio chips @ $3
2 Dove chocolate bars .89 (B1G1)
Sub total: $20.29

Subtract coupons
$5 off $20 purchase coupon
1 off stacyes chips
2 off True north pistaccio chips (2 coupons 1 each)
new total: $12.29
used 11 ECBS (8 from cravenx and 3 from Thermacare)
OOP: 1.29 received $10 ECB from pepsi

Transaction $5
Scotch brite sponges 3.99
Scrubbing bubbles twin pack 6.99
Infant Tylonol 10.29
Sub total: 21.27

Subtract coupons
$5 off 20 purchase
1 off scrubbing bubbles
(I had a $2 tylonol but see now it didn’t come off)
New total: 15.27
used 10 ECB from pepsi
OOP 5.60 (again the tax added at the end) received 2 ECB from scrubbing bubbles


Total OOP at CVS this week was $15.64
I started the week with $16 in ECB’s ended with only $2 ECBs Cost $14 in ECBs
Will be sending away for $15 back from olay
AND the Pepsi/coors rebate right now I am lined up for at least $10 back.  This rebate includes condiments AND paper products so I may be able to find more that can apply towards this!!!

SO $15.64 OOP $14 in ECBs = 29.64 cost
But at least $25 back in rebates

SO total cost is $4.64 for all that!!!

Oh and remember I said the tylonol coupon didn’t come off the reciept?
Had the coupon come off it would have been only $2.64
$4.64- 2 coupon = $2.64. 

Insert laughter here…. lolololololololol


I'd call that a super successful week.  How was your week?  Comment here and let me know what your best buy of the week was.


Want to save like I do?  Follow my blog and Subscribe to get email alerts. It wont take long before you see a dent in your grocery and drugstore expenses.  

No comments: