Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

My stockpile photos

I keep saying we are well stocked up...  Just wanted to show you what ONLY a few months of couponing has done for us here...

heres the stockpile "pantry" we built in the basement. Notice the wall isnt quite finished.  I couldnt wait and hung shelving anyway.  lol  lots of pasta, juice, soup, soy joy bars :), crackers...




heres the bottom half of the basement "pantry". Cereal, paper towels, soda & chips (for our memorial party), some cleaning products, maple syrup etc...

and heres a peak at some of our toiletries...  I dont have a photo of the kids bathroom shelf yet.  I also have a bunch I havent organized yet and will end up in an overflow bin in the basement.  Right now theres a bunch of Dove mens body wash just lined up on the floor and our big soaker tub is full of stayfree and kotex.  lol...   

I found some pantry racks at home depot.  They are about 12" wide and 4 " deep: 2 shelves each.  we bought 3 for each closet.  It works great inside the door.  The reason we chose the 2 shelf kind was because we could vary the heights by how we hung them.  In order to fit tall bottles on the top shelf we measured how tall a bottle was and hung the next shelf that far apart.  for example in the photo the nexxus shampoo is a top shelf and the toothpaste is the bottom shelf on the same rack.   We have pretty deep closets with lots of wasted space.  On the floor I have a big Rubbermaid bin.

In the basement pantry I used the same kind of rack but it was wider and 6 feet tall.  It has all short fixed shelves but works great for shorter items like mayo, soup, pasta, and helps to keep these within easy reach.

How do you organize your stockpile???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is amazing! It somehow reminds me of the stock my mom had in the cellar pantry!