Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Advents, Calendars, Countdowns and more...

So tomorrow officially begins the countdown to Christmas.  Do you have an advent yet?  I have seen so many cute ideas and have been busy crafting a few of my own.  Check them out maybe it will give you your own ideas.  I dont have pictures of mine yet but will share the photos from one of my friends.  Check out Heid'is blog for other great Heritage ideas.

The first is called Countdown Blocks. I absolutely love these and know my children are going to have a blast flipping their photos each day.
 
it was so easy to make.  I designed a 12x12 scrapbook page on my website www.digitalstorybooks.com then when it came in the mail I cut it apart and glued the pieces to wood cubes.  You can find 3x3 or 4x4 blocks in most craft stores but I cut my own from wood that was being discarded on the side of the road.

Since I have 2 children I made sure each block has all photos of my son and the other is all my daughter.  I could just hear my oldest if i didnt...  "why are both pictures Xander today... " insert winy noise here....

The pages cost $3.95 and about $1.50 for shipping if you only ship one sheet at a time.

heres another one I am planning to make.  so what if it comes a little later.  I still love it.  Again it uses 12x12 pages; 2 stacked together and then you cut the windows with an exacto knife so the kids can open them later.  Under each window you can put photos or little holiday traditions like watch a christmas movie, bake cookies, make a craft.  what a fun way to make sure you are doing all the little family things that make the holidays so much fun.  This will help to keep me from waiting until the last week to try to cram in all my favorite activities.

The next one would be great fun in a kitchen.  I saw this exact thing in hallmark i am sure it was so much more then making it yourself.  It uses a 12x12 glued to a cookie sheet found at the dollar store.  then a second 12x12 page you cut out the presents attach to tiles found at a hardware store and glue magnets on the back.  Heres a hint I found some self adhesive magnets at walmart and they were cheaper then ones you glue yourself.


*** It is important to note that these are not printed on photo paper.  Photos would run if you tried to decoupage over them!!!  You could laminate a photo to achieve similar results but mine come printed with a special coating on them to save you this step.  Also all of the above are templates that my clients can use on my website  so it would save you some work.  You just drop your photo in pre-designed sheets.  If you dont have one you can set up your own account at www.digitalstorybooks.com to start making your own heritage projects.

Send me photos of what you come up with.

~Melissa

No comments: