Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sunday Dinner- Bourbon Chicken

So as i said i have been doing some bulk cooking and freezing meals ahead.  I came across this DUMP CHICKEN recipe that i love.  it had tons of good reviews so i figured it was a good one to try and WOW.  all the reviews were right.  Tastes just like take out.

Rather then retype the whole recipe I figured i'd just post the link to the website i got it from.

Bourbon chicken.  http://www.food.com/recipe/bourbon-chicken-45809

One small change i did was to leave out the red pepper.  I wanted my kids to eat it so it was a small sacrifice although my hubby and i definitely felt like we wanted to add some back in.  :)  I also left out some water in the sauce to make it thicker and added in a bit of cornstarch.

The taste was amazing and even the kids liked it.  I made 3 batches and froze it ahead in ziploc freezer bags.  Freeze them flat so they thaw quick.  I just fill my sink with warm water and put the bag in.  it thaws in about 15 minutes.  Heat it up on the stove or microwave and serve over some rice with mixed veges.  Now its quicker then ordering take out.

Enjoy,

Melissa

No comments: