Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sunday Dinner- Cream Cheese Chicken

as I started nearing my due date for my third child i decided i needed to plan ahead some meals to make life easier.  I attended a OAMC class (once a month cooking) and decided to implement a few ideas.  I knew id never be able to cook 30 days of meals in one day but instead I started cooking 3 times what we were having for dinner and packing 2 meals for the freezer.  This way worked for me.  So whether your just looking for some new ideas or trying to plan ahead like me i hope you enjoy some of these new recipes.  

Cream Cheese Chicken- came from a mom i know who does once a month cooking and my kids love it.  This has a taste like chicken alfredo but is super easy.

In a crock pot mix an italian seasoning pack (usually used to make italian salad dressing), a can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 8oz block of cream cheese (i used the lowfat kind).  Cut up 2-3 chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and cook then serve over any pasta with the sauce. 

I tripled the recipe (except for the italian seasoning i decided 2 packs was enough), steamed up tons of chicken in the big pan and then divided them into 3 (freeze 2 and eat 1 batch for dinner).     It reheated nicely out of the freezer and all i had to cook up was noodles.  Mix it up by adding different noodles each time.  speghetti will be like an alfredo, add it to cooked zitti, macoroni, bowties, etc will be more like a hamburger helper meal. even egg noodles would be great.

Enjoy,

Melissa

No comments: