Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How to use coupon "overage" to pay for another item

I used to only clip coupons for the products I loved and used regularly...  then I learned how to use coupons for items I dont need or want to buy things I did want.  Now I save every coupon.  Heres a brief overview of how it works using some of my recent transactions to explian.

At CVS a powerbar gel blast was on sale for $1.50 and gave back $1.50 in ECB's making it FREE
BUT there was $1 off coupon so.....  That means if you use the coupon at checkout you will get $1.50 ECB and only pay out $.50 meaning a profit of $1

This means you can pick ANY $1 item from the store, add it to your order and purchase it for free

Palmolive is on sale for $.99 and there was a buy 2 get $1 off coupon.  

SO if you bought
powerbar gel blast $1.50
and 2 palmolive $.99
sub total $3.48

use 1off power blast -1
use 1 off palmolive wyb2 -1
= $3.48- 2coupons = $1.48total cast AND get back $1.50 ECB... means both items were FREE

In effect you used the $1 off coupon to help pay for the palmolive.

Happy saving....

No comments: